Charlotte’s a great place to do business. Did you know it’s the 3rd-fastest growing major city in the United States? It’s also:
- The largest city in North Carolina and #17 in the U.S.
- Ranked #5 in Best Places for Business and Careers by Forbes
- The 2nd-largest banking center behind Manhattan
- Home to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and the Charlotte Motor Speedway
- The site of America’s first gold rush in 1779, transforming it overnight into a booming metropolis
It’s also a great place to BUY a business. This year, Business Acquisition and Merger Associates (“BAMA”) assisted a father/son team in the acquisition of a unique, Charlotte-based distribution business. (At this time, both parties have asked that the name of the business remain confidential as they work through the transition.)
The buyer, a family office, reached out to BAMA seeking to leverage their experience in sales, marketing and operations management to acquire and grow a business. BAMA’s citywide search yielded 150+ qualified targets and 25+ conversations with interested sellers.
Ultimately, the buyer pursued a niche distributor of material handling supplies and the transaction was closed 90 days later. With high-integrity parties on both sides of the transaction, it was a smooth and positive process that created win-win solutions for buyer and seller.
Business Acquisition & Mergers Associates acted as advisor to the buyer by uncovering qualified, not-on-the-market targets, supporting negotiation of terms, and driving the diligence process and activities required to close. Financial terms of the transaction will not be disclosed.